Highlights from my debut stand up comedy performance

The past few days since my stand up comedy debut on Saturday have been pretty mental. I haven’t had this much praise since the doctors told my Mam that I was going to be a special child. For starters, the feedback I got straight after the gig was great.  From the initial reaction, everyone seemed to enjoy my set which was both a relief and a huge boost. I honestly didn’t know what to expect when I got up on stage.

Then, I got a mention on Alfie and Charlie’s BBC Radio Newcastle breakfast show on Monday morning, which was nice. I also uploaded highlights from my set (which you can see below) on to YouTube on Tuesday and Ross Noble very kindly retweeted it. This made my twitter account go crazy and I spent most of the night replying to very nice messages. I also gained about 100 new followers. Thank you if you are one of them.

The video has had about 2,000 views in just over a day, cue more lovely comments about how funny I am. And, let’s face it, that’s always nice to hear….especially from complete strangers. Not that I’m egotistical……much!

Thank you if you have been one of these supportive people. I’ve added a gigs page to the menu at the top of my site as many of you were asking where you could see me next. I’ve also made a section with all my clips in.

Hope you enjoy the highlights……

Related posts

Can’t speak? Want to do stand up comedy? There’s an app for that!

It’s time to face the music!

Very first stand up gig announced

Stand up and be counted

19 comments for “Highlights from my debut stand up comedy performance

1. Anonymous
    February 11, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Really enjoyed this – was laughing my socks off!

• Lee
      February 11, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it!

2. Erinn
    February 11, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Very funny! Your video will inspire others to explore AAC through iPad. All the best!

• Lee
      February 12, 2012 at 12:56 pm

3. Sooooooz
    February 13, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Hi. I just followed a link to your debut show from the Royal College of Speech & Language Therapists Facebook page. It was the best laugh I’ve had in a long long while!! :o) Your amazing attitude will not only help people become more aware, and more accepting of people with disabilities, but will also make people realise that disabled people have just the same wicked sense of humour and fun as everybody else! You have a genuinely brilliant talent, and I hope you achieve everything you want. Lots of luck!!

• Lee
      February 13, 2012 at 3:31 pm

I do get myself about! Hope you all enjoyed it!

4. Bernie
    April 7, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Hey, I got to your clip because I lost my voice temporarily (acute laryngitis–yeah, cry me a river, I know) and “lost voice guy” came up. What a treat! I did a little standup myself in the ’90s and so I have a knowing admiration for you. I just watched that little highlights reel…I hope you have it timed now so you can pause so the audience doesn’t step on your next bit. You’re hilarious! My favorite was the blind and deaf guy on the bus…that killed. I’d say this: if you keep your act clean (or have a clean one to use) you can go anywhere, and they need you EVERYWHERE. Hope to see you in the U.S. soon!!

• Lee
      April 8, 2012 at 11:04 am

Thanks, much appreciated. Yeah I’m getting better at learning when to pause. It’s trial and error really.

Good idea about a clean version too, I’ll get that sorted soon.

5. Lee
    April 8, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Reblogged this on Meet Lee Ridley and commented:

Check out my stand up comedy at http://www.lostvoiceguy.com

6. Anonymous
    April 13, 2012 at 10:07 am

Hi Lee, I’m so glad you are doing well, Congratulations! and best wishes for yout future. You Mam was my bridesmaid. Joan

• Lee
      April 15, 2012 at 8:05 am

Thank you. I’ll say hi to my Mam for you.

7. kb
    April 13, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Fantastic, loved watching the Vid. Made my week after been signed off sick. Laughed so hard it hurts

• Lee
      April 15, 2012 at 8:04 am

Glad you enjoyed it!

8. April 14, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Saw about you on Tyne/Tees news and as a disabled person myself had to watch your vid. Laughed till I cried.

• Lee